Re: Most Wanted Grids

Jerry N9AVY

Rick and all ...

Whomever goes to DL88 should get the PODXS 070 Hero Medal !   From what you described it sounds like you might want to travel there in a tank !   Emoji

Jerry  n9avy

On Saturday, April 10, 2021, 01:24:09 PM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Yup John - the only way.  And it will be a brave soul indeed.
It is in Big Bend National Park and we had a look at the "road" when we were in the Park in 2016 on the Farewell Tour.  DL88 is a very short, narrow strip right along the Rio Grande, and down a two-track that has a sign that says "High Clearance 4-wheel Drive Venicles ONLY".  We have a Honda CRV, but one look down the "road" and I wasn't going there - sign or no sign.  I've tried many times to talk Dick KC3EF into activating it on one of their trips but Kathy just won't go for it - Hi Hi!  She is obviously very smart!  There is no potable water, just "primative campsites" per the National Parks.  But one would need to be careful after dark that that Mesquite bush (primative campsite facilities!) is not a Cholla or a Prickly Pear!  I really doubt I'll get to work a station from DL88 before I die.  But it would make an outstanding adventure for some brave souls!