Re: Most Wanted Grids

Jerry N9AVY

No one knows better than me just how messed up the checker is.  Have to deal with it daily, but I plod forward every day trying to decipher the messages.  Many are rehashes of previous days/months postings.  Jim told me I need to have a list ready for March and I believe I'll have it on or before that date.

The Most Wanted list is a great tool for planning grid activations. Wish that my health would allow me to get out to nearby states to activate some grids.

Jerry  n9avy

On Saturday, April 10, 2021, 11:13:29 AM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Roger that Jerry.  The map is NOT an accurate reflection of the current exact counts.  There are a couple of reasons.  First, this was as of 7/2020 so anything after that won't show up.  Second, Steve extracted the original data from the Endorsement Checker and we all know of the troubles it has been having for some time now.  The Checker just isn't 100% reliable.  The map is for an aid in planning only.  Even though you have worked DN65 (and the red cell is DL88 - not DL86), I'm pretty sure no one has worked DL88 from TX - from XE, possibly. I don't think there haven't been enough people work any of the colored grids to move them off the "most wanted" list.  Down the list?  Yeah, sure.  But "off the list" - not likely.  So I think it can still be a handy planning tool.