Re: P.O.T.A. - S.O.T.A. - B.O.T.A. ?

Eric KG6MZS

Milt,

Yeah, I got the SOTA bug bad last year and have hiked up 56 mountains since August 2020.  I've yet to find a way to make an ultralightweight digital station.  My pack currently runs about 25 pounds for day trips.

The Los Angeles Basin is a great place to start doing SOTA because it is ringed with a lot of cool summits.  For my first 40 of so activations all I had was my old dual band Kenwood HT and I was working stations from Santa Barbara to the Mexican border.

Finally got an Elecraft KX2 and now I've worked Sweden, France, Spain, Canada and most of the states from mountain tops.

I need to get an Android phone and figure out the Rasberry Pi thing.  That's on my to-do list.

73

Eric KG6MZS

https://kg6mzs.com/sota-2/

On 4/5/21 7:10 PM, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io wrote:
I see that a lot of the 070 members are also active in POTA, SOTA & BOTA.
When you activate a park, summit or beach, do you ever use psk31?
I've joined each group, as we've got an abundance of each group here in California and the Southwest.
It's kind of neat to listen to 146.520 FM on the weekends. There's "activations" from all 3 groups all day and into the evenings for the locals.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76