Diversity

Jerry N9AVY

Don't know if the site is still around, but there used to be a site called "Famous Hams" which had several notible people on it. Many kike Arthur Godfrey, Walter Cronkhite, Barry Goldwater, etc. have gone on to the big hamshack in the sky, but there are still a few alive and kicking.

In my 43 year ham career I worked the inventor of the  Yagi antenna, some high up Navy brass and probably a few others I don't know about. One ham friend from years ago was a nuclear scientist, but he loved DXing.

One of the things I noticed about PSK31 operators is there seems to a few LEOs, lawyers, etc.  We, as hams, come from all walks of life, but we all have a common interest in communicating and meeting others of like interests.

It' great that we can all get together in this hobby.