Re: KC9UR POTA Effort Today

Bob KC9UR

Hi Don,
I use an 18ft fiberglass pole and attach a 17ft wire at the top, running down the pole to 4 10ft radials on the ground at the bottom.  The pole is slid over the handle of a screwdriver that is pushed into the ground.  In the picture the pole was leaning because the ground was soft/muddy, and the wind pushed it over.  I also use a QRPGuys Tri-Band Vertical matching unit at the base, which can resonate the 17ft vertical on 20m, 30m, and 40m (switch selectable).  It's not the most efficient antenna, but it seems to work well, and is easy and quick to set up.  I also sometimes use the pole to support the center of a 40m EFHW inverted V antenna for targeting closer-in contacts.  It's resonant on 40m, 20m, 15m and 10m.

Have a great day!
73,
Bob, KC9UR