Re: Congrats - PODXS 070 Endorsements – February 2021

David, K9DWR

* Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@sbcglobal.net> [2021-02-21 17:16]:
Apparently, what Stan doesn't know is that N9AVY keeps track of all those
endorsements inspite of constantly changing of dates on the scorer.  That is
why I have hard copy records of all endorsements since 2020 when the checker
went SNAFU.  This is very frustrating at times when the same endorsement are
listed over and over with different dates.  I have been tempted a couple
time to just hang it all up, but yet I continue. I'm in the back ground so
very few realize the work I do.  Like checking AK/HI awards to see if those
stations are where they are supposed to be; many are not because the ops
have moved back stateside for various reasons.  AH6FF finally changed his
call to KB4HL after being here is lower 48 since before 2010 (just one
example). There are many others who have chosen to keep their original calls
which were assigned while stationed with military. I look forward to the
day when the checker stops running amok and behaves as it should. My job was
way easier back then.  Just thought I'd give myself some credit because Stan
didn't in his last email to group.
You are a real trooper, Jerry. Thank you for everything you are doing to help
keep the endorsements afloat.

On Sunday, February 21, 2021, 08:34:31 AM CST, w2eck <eckerpw@gmail.com> wrote:

- do we still use the Log checker?
Paul,

Most of the checker still "works" for getting the basic numbers and the raw
data; the main parts that are broken is a lot of the box-checking for "new"
endorsements (this is the source of a lot of Jerry's extra work because it
keeps prompting), and the LONP calculations.

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com