Congrats - PODXS 070  Endorsements – January 2021

As propagation conditions have improved, we are showing some good gains in member Endorsements. Our regular contests have helped also.

With the endorsement software not working properly, a lot of manual intervention has been required. Our Executive Director, Jim, K5SP, has been manually updating the LONP data based upon the log submissions to the endorsement checker.  It is a slow, tedious process, requiring him to copy the data from the checker, paste it into a text file, and then import that text into Excel. So far, this updating has shown the following new Official awards for LONP.

#2129 NN9K has earned LONP 150, 200, 250

#2526 KC3FL has earned LONP 350, 400, 450, 500 and will be placed on the 500 LONP Honor Roll with 518.

LONP - To qualify for LONP, 100 QSOs with fellow members are required.
In 2020, 15 members were officially recognized:

LONP#

070#

Call

LONP#

070#

Call

LONP#

070#

Call

KG5OIB

W4BZM

WB4JJJ

AC8NM

KD6TR

K6WRJ

KE4PWE

N3XL

W7RTL

KI7OIY

K4VBM

YV4YY

KB9UMT

N4KP

WA4RXK

In addition to those officially announced in 2020, the following members have uploaded sufficient QSO’s to qualify (not yet officially approved):

#1218 KC2WUF

174

#2746 KD9DVB

117

#2572  N8LIS

112

We also have an excited pack of LONP Seekers in hot pursuit of this traditional first rights award. If you see them, give them a call and spot them on PSKReporter and our reflector:

#2670   KT5WB

98

#1769   R6KEE

83

#2765   VA2SIB

67

#2658   VE3RXO

92

#2745   KE0JBT

80

#2754   WX2DX

64

#1797   NA8W

90

#2703   KD2QAK

79

#471     LW2EIY

61

#2738   NI8Z

89

#2781   WA3LXD

77

#2691   K5RWG

60

#57       LZ4BU

87

#1713   W2ECK

75

#1341   EA3ATJ

59

#2764   W0JSL

85

#2699   KD9ADB

73

And in close pursuit of the next major Honor Roll level at 500 QSOs (but not yet approved) are:

#834   N0NM

542

#138   W7PSK

500

#1609   KC4OBB

482

366 – The 366 Award requires a QSO on each of the calendar days of the year, a large
B-I-C commitment. Only 52 members have earned this. Accomplishing this during 2020 were:

#1543             F8BFU

#1609             KC4OBB

#2328             WB8YXF

#2347             K4ARE

#2415             KEOGHU

#348               WM4B

#2645             K5KHK

#1191             N7RI

365/366 – Needing only one date are:

#292   M5PLY   (2/29)

#1699   SA7BXU   (10/30)

#1769   R6KEE   (12/15)

360/366 – Needing from 2 to 5 dates:

#919   KC4TIE     (5/15, 6/2, 7/3, 9/12)

#404   WA7HDZ        (8/7, 8/16, 8/19)

WTW – Work The World - One of our toughest Endorsements. It requires 2246 specific call sign suffix letters to spell out Country names around the world. Only 42 members have earned this challenging award. Only Lee, N5SLY completed in 2020. Two active members have completed US and are pending completion of AF for the entire WTW series.

#2252   RN3Z  needs 8-N

#354   W7PAQ  needs 13-I and 20-N

TRI-WARC  - As Propagation continues to improve, the 070 Club offers the "TRI-WARC" pennant. Work three different stations on each of the WARC bands (30M, 17M and 12M). Follow that with the 12/12M, 17/17M and 30/30M awards.

Congratulations to all!

Many more Endorsements were earned, far too many to list. I apologize for any errors and if I missed your efforts.

Keep up the good work!

73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611