Re: Antarctica ???

Jerry N9AVY

Anyone can contact them for a sked I guess.  20/40m CW not much good for PODXS 070 Endorsement though. Just thouht I'd mention that there are at least 3 stations out there from Antarctica in case anyone accidently runs across them.

Jerry  n9avy

On Saturday, February 6, 2021, 01:36:07 PM CST, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Do we have an awards manager/director?
Why doesn't someone email them and ask their band of preference?
Ask if they work BPSK31, or "supposedly work BPSK31"?
And maybe ask for schedules?
R1ANT is in my log 3 times. All on 20m & 40m cw.
8J1RL is a semi-active contester.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Feb 6, 2021 10:25 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Antarctica ???

Your guess is as good as mine   Emoji

Jerry

On Saturday, February 6, 2021, 12:15:13 PM CST, Peter Hiltz <pmhiltz@...> wrote:

Jerry,

Any info on what bands they prefer?

Pete, WV3S

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 12:54 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
here are a couple station supposedly operating "digital modes" from Antarctica which is one that many of us undoubtedly need for endorsement.

DP1POL     until March 5 2021

RI01ANT    until May 20 2021

ZS7ANF    February 2021

8J1RL      Might have went QRT on 1 /31

If you hear them or see them on waterfall (PSK31)  please report to 070 group.

Thanks.

WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater
WV3S@...   put //WL2K R/ in the subject line