I do get frustrated when someone calls CQ, I go to respond, and before I can hit the button, they’re calling CQ again.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jan 29, 2021, at 10:41 AM, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Paul, on my <AUTOCQ>, I have the pause between calls set to 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds of pause, and looking at my waterfall for a reply, it calls cq again.
I can't see a problem with this.
Seriously, do I have a problem that I'm not seeing?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jan 29, 2021 10:21 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Tri-Warc Award

It takes me 13 seconds to transmit ‘cq cq cq de W7PFB cq pse k’.

Paring that down to ‘cq cq de w7pfb pse k’ gets it down to seven seconds.

If you’re calling every 10 seconds how can you hear when someone responds?

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jan 29, 2021, at 9:36 AM, Bill Williams <bill.ag4qx@...> wrote:

I called every 10 sec for 10 minutes and apparently was not seen.  I got my award in the good times when the sunspots were just a-poppin.

Keep announcing when you are on and if I can I will try to give you a contact if I am available.

73,
Bill
AG4QX

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 12:31 PM Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645 <khk@...> wrote:
Just called CQ a few times from WNY, but did not see a trace on the waterfall.

Karl Heinz Kremer
PDF Acrobatics Without a Net
PDF Software Development, Training and More...

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 12:28 PM Bill Williams <bill.ag4qx@...> wrote:
i am calling you on 24.921200 from Florida.  I see nothing on the waterfall.

Bill
AG4QX

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 12:05 PM DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io <davehardy0101=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm monitoring 24.920 and calling cq occasionally.  Hope there's some activity here today.

KB3RAN
1697/381