Re: Herpetologists & Houston

Stephen Melachrinos

For a minute there, I thought you knew the name of the snake!

From: Jim K5SP <jinnis@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jan 26, 2021 7:47 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Herpetologists & Houston

Was that Carla?  I was in the Navy and was on leave visiting some friends in Houston (I lived in what was NW Houston prior to joining), when Carla hit.  Had to get leave extension because could not fly out,  and rode out Carla at friends house.
Lived two blocks off 43rd St, and two blocks from white oak bayou, in what was called Forest Park, went to Waltrip high school the second year of its existence.
Jim K5SP
On 1/25/2021 6:37 PM, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io wrote:
Ron,
Speaking of "Herpetologists", & Houston...
I did a summer internship in engineering statistics at Rice University back in the mid '60's. There was a hurricane towards the end of August. Nothing new for me, as I'm from So. Louisiana.
What was quite unique though, one morning when leaving my campus housing headed to the chow hall, mid-storm, there, rolled up in a nice tight coil, on the front porch was a huge snake! It was a big, fat, black snake with a white mouth and triangular head. I guess it was escaping high water from someplace.
I called campus security and started using the back door!
Milt.
N6MG