Re: Herpetologists & Houston

Stephen Melachrinos

For a minute there, I thought you knew the name of the snake!

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jan 26, 2021 7:47 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Herpetologists & Houston

Was that Carla?  I was in the Navy and was on leave visiting some friends in Houston (I lived in what was NW Houston prior to joining), when Carla hit.  Had to get leave extension because could not fly out,  and rode out Carla at friends house.
Lived two blocks off 43rd St, and two blocks from white oak bayou, in what was called Forest Park, went to Waltrip high school the second year of its existence.
Jim K5SP
On 1/25/2021 6:37 PM, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io wrote:
Ron,
Speaking of "Herpetologists", & Houston... 
I did a summer internship in engineering statistics at Rice University back in the mid '60's. There was a hurricane towards the end of August. Nothing new for me, as I'm from So. Louisiana. 
What was quite unique though, one morning when leaving my campus housing headed to the chow hall, mid-storm, there, rolled up in a nice tight coil, on the front porch was a huge snake! It was a big, fat, black snake with a white mouth and triangular head. I guess it was escaping high water from someplace.
I called campus security and started using the back door!
Milt.
N6MG

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070club.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Jan 25, 2021 4:13 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] PSK31 Kent County, Delaware - REPORT

Jerry,
I am only 57, but down here in Houston I feel like I need a Herpetologist, because when I go outside in the winter and it's sunny and nice, all I want to do is lay on a flat rock and take a nap, and when I go outside in the summer all I want to do is hide in the shade and bite people :-)

Ron
KE4DRF

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 4:33 PM stan W9SMR <robinstan@...> wrote:
Jim, PODXS Executive Director:

But now you are our PODXSologist and we look to you to cure everything!!

We will, of course follow your prescriptions as directed!

73 and TU for all you do!!

Stan,
W9SMR

Sent: Monday, January 25, 2021 2:13 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] PSK31 Kent County, Delaware - REPORT

Turning 77 in March seems like every day is either too hot or too cold!

It now takes me all day to do things I used to be able to do all day. All my doctors end in ologist. Cardiologist, hematologist, ophthalmologist, dermatologist.

Jim K5SP

On Jan 25, 2021 12:55 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Same here ARRL FD is too hot for me most years.  With health problems of last 2 years participation has been nil. Even getting on from home station is getting to be a chore.

jerry  n9avy

On Monday, January 25, 2021, 12:44:47 PM CST, stephen shearer <sm.shearer.01@...> wrote:

As I get older...  even ARRL FD is getting too HOT for me.   There may be one year in 10+ that is nice.  I may have to start operating at night (I do like my sleep).  steve

On 1/25/21 9:53 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Portable operation in the Northern areas is not a great idea for us Northerners.  Too darn cold - Brrr !  Southerners fair a bit better in their warmer cimate.  Maybe there should be a Hurricane Field Day for down South to add some challenge ?  [Emoji]

Jerry   [Emoji]

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.