From: stan W9SMR <robinstan@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jan 16, 2021 10:16 am
Subject: [070Club] RESULTS – PSKfest 2021

This year there were 105 logs submitted - up from last year’s 90 logs. There were 20 High Power, 52 Medium Power, 28 Low Power and 5 QRP logs.

Top Dawg and 1st in High Power was Steve, VA3TPS of Fenelon Falls, ON with 8208 points, 171 QSO’s, and 43 states. Steve is setting a torrid pace and may well improve his 7th place finish in the RC3 Championship of 2020

High Power - Second Place was Darin, KO4EJD of Crestview, FL, with 5396 points and 142 QSO’s. He joined us in October, 2020 and is off to a great start in our contests. He finished in 2nd High Power in the Triple Play and 3rd High Power in the Doubleheader.

High Power - Third Place was Bob, KF3AA of Huntington, MD with 122 QSOs and 5246 points. Another spectacular performance by Bob who finished in 4th place in the 2020 RC3 Championship.
Medium Power - First place was John, KC3FL, of Inverness FL with 7812 points and 186 QSOs. That included 36 states. John was our Top Dawg first place finisher in the 2020 RC3 Championship.

Medium Power – In Second Place was new member Terry, KZ4KX, of Austin, KY, with 136 QSO’s and 5576 points. He finished in 2nd Place, Medium Power in the Doubleheader.

Medium Power - Third Place went to Brian, KG5GJT of Metairie, LA with 133 QSO’s, 37 States, 4 DXCC and 5453 points.

Low Power – First Place was Steve, W3HF of Collegeville, PA with 6750 points and 150 QSOs, 39 States and 6 DXCC multipliers. Steve, #25 is one of our senior members. He finished in 3rd Place in the 2020 RC3 Championship.

Low Power – Second Place was Jim, K5SP, of Gainesville, TX, with 3270 points and 109 QSO’s.  Jim looks forward to someday beating W3HF in these contests. Jim finished in 6th place in the 2020 RC3 Championships. All this on top of his continuing efforts as Executive Director to improve our club.

Low Power - Third Place, was David, WA3LXD, of Fort McCoy, FL with 3224 points and 104 QSO’s. Good to see you join the PSK contesters, David.

QRP Power – First Place was Steve, VA3FLF of Fort Erie, ON with 1640 points and 61 QSOs, 25 States and 2 DXCC multipliers.

QRP Power – Second Place was Rick, WS8G of Beaver Creek, OH, with 1080 points and 54 QSO’s. Sorry to hear you’ve had to cancel this year’s Dayton Hamvention. Hopefully next year it will return.

QRP Power - Third Place was William, N3GTY, of Spring Lake, NC with 779 points and 41 QSO’s. Were you using that homebrew QRP rig you described on QRZ.COM?

SUMMARY RESULTS -  PSKFest - 2021
CALL
070#
QSO
DXCC
SPC
SCORE

NOTES
HIGH POWER 100W

VA3TPS

TOP DAWG - 1st Place High Power
KO4EJD

2nd Place High Power
KF3AA

3rd Place High Power
MEDIUM POWER 50W

KC3FL

1st Place Medium Power
KZ4KX

2nd Place Medium Power
KG5GJT

3rd Place Medium Power
LOW POWER 25W

1st Place Low Power
K5SP

2nd Place Low Power
WA3LXD

3rd Place Low Power
QRP 5W

VA3FLF

1st Place QRP
WS8G

2nd Place QRP
N3GTY

3rd Place QRP

The new “All Amateurs Welcome” policy continues to enhance our overall experience.   We had 16 non-members competing and submitting logs.  One of these has since joined our ranks: Chris, K3SQA #2818. Welcome, Chris!!

A note of appreciation to non-members who participated and uploaded their logs: IK4RQJ, KA2WIK, N2CJ, W6IA, KS3H, N2IP, KG6MWI, KM4LPW, N4FA, AB8SF, VE2HEW, KI7YFP, WD8LQB, KE7GKI and WA9QXY. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you as members soon.

Note that the Top Dawg Certificate and Rollo Dog Tag will be reserved exclusively for members.

Thanks to all who submitted logs. Stickers will be in the next mailing.  We are deeply indebted to David, K9DWR who scored this contest and provided the rapid log upload response. Complete results will be uploaded to the Groups.io 070 Reflector websites.

It is time to start thinking about your participation the Ø7Ø Club Valentine Sprint

Sunday, February 14 – 0000 UTC
Sunday, February 14 – 2359 UTC
(Starting Saturday evening, February 13 in the US)

Sprint Rules – Work a 6 hour block of your choice. For Scoring, your 6 hour block will start with the hour you select on the Scoring page and continue for the next 6 hours

Open to all licensed radio amateurs. Using 40M, 80M, 160M

For Rules and detailsClick Here: Rules - Valentine Sprint

PSK-31 Rocks!! Hope to see you all on the waterfall soon!
73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director