Congrats - 2020 PODXS 070 Endorsements!

stan W9SMR

As propagation conditions have improved, we are showing some good gains in member Endorsements. Our regular contests and Endorsement Daze have helped also. Delays in the Endorsement Checker mean that I will be reporting UNOFFICIAL results pending official results.

LONP - To qualify for LONP, 100 QSOs with fellow members are required.
In 2020, 15 members were officially recognized:

LONP#

070#

Call

LONP#

070#

Call

LONP#

070#

Call

KG5OIB

W4BZM

WB4JJJ

AC8NM

KD6TR

K6WRJ

KE4PWE

N3XL

W7RTL

KI7OIY

K4VBM

YV4YY

KB9UMT

N4KP

WA4RXK

In addition to those officially announced in 2020, the following members have uploaded sufficient QSO’s to qualify (not yet officially approved):

#1218             KC2WUF        174

#2746             KD9DVB        106

We also have an excited pack of LONP Seekers in hot pursuit of this traditional first rights award. If you see them, give them a call and spot them on PSKReporter and our reflector:

#2670   KT5WB         98

#1769   R6KEE          83

#2691   K5RWG        60

#2658   VE3RXO       92

#2764   W0JSL          81

#2765   VA2SIB        60

#1797   NA8W          90

#2781   WA3LXD     77

#1341   EA3ATJ        59

#2738   NI8Z             89

#2703   KD2QAK      74

#2754   WX2DX       57

#57       LZ4BU          87

#471     LW2EIY        61

And in close pursuit of the next major Honor Roll level at 500 QSOs are

#834               NONM           542

#138               W7PSK           500

#2566             KC3FL             505

#1609             KC4OBB         473

And then there are the Super Achievers with more than 1,000 member QSOs:

#0025             W3HF             1650

#0815             K8TOM          1258

#0777             NO8R             1550

#0454             N9AVY           1021

366 – The 366 Award requires a QSO on each of the calendar days of the year, a large
B-I-C commitment. Only 52 members have earned this. Accomplishing this during 2020 were:

#1543             F8BFU

#1609             KC4OBB

#2328             WB8YXF

#2347             K4ARE

#2415             KEOGHU

#348               WM4B

#2645             K5KHK

#1191             N7RI

365/366 – Needing only one date are:

#292   M5PLY   (2/29)

#1699   SA7BXU   (10/30)

#1769   R6KEE   (12/15)

360/366 – Needing from 2 to 5 dates:

#919   KC4TIE     (5/15, 6/2, 7/3, 9/12)

#404   WA7HDZ        (8/7, 8/16, 8/19)

24/7 – Due to a unique strategy formed by Alan, KA5VZG, several among us either achieved or made great progress toward the 24/7 Award. The 24/7 Award requires making a QSO for every hour slot on every day of the week, 168 slots total. Alan proposed a strategy with 2 hour blocks, over a 3 week period. With the enthusiastic support of Bob, KK6KMU, Bob, K4VBM and several others, 4 members qualified with all 168 slots: Alan, KA5VZG, Bob, K4VBN, Don, KC4OBB and David, KR4U. Getting within easier reach were Stan, W9SMR with 166 and Bob, KK6KMU with 160 slots. Those were bleary eyed but very rewarding middle of the night hours.

WTW – Work The World - One of our toughest Endorsements. It requires 2246 specific call sign suffix letters to spell out Country names around the world. Only 42 members have earned this challenging award. Only Lee, N5SLY completed in 2020. Two active members have completed US and are pending completion of AF for the entire WTW series.

#2252   RN3Z  needs 8-N

#354   W7PAQ  needs 13-I and 20-N

TRI-WARC  - As Propagation continues to improve, the 070 Club offers the "TRI-WARC" pennant. Work three different stations on each of the WARC bands (30M, 17M and 12M). Follow that with the 12/12M, 17/17M and 30/30M awards.

Congratulations to all!

Many more Endorsements were earned, far too many to list. I apologize for any errors and if I missed your efforts.

Keep up the good work!

73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611