Re: Contest scorer

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek

On Sat, Jan 02, 2021 at 20:05:14 -0600, David, K9DWR wrote:

On Jan 2, 2021, at 19:43, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@josefsipek.net> wrote:

Very nice!

I managed to upload my ADIF file but for one of the entries I don't have a
received RST (I didn't get one but forgot to prune the QSO from my ADIF file
prior to upload). I'm pretty sure that's an invalid QSO, but the uploader
seems happy with it - the score it calculated seems to indicate that it
considered it a valid QSO (1 point) and a valid multiplier (my only contact
today with Belgium). Just FYI.
There’s really no good way to programmatically determine if a QSO is
missing RST info.
Uh oh.

There are too many places people hide it in fields
strewn across the record that are non-standard because of how various
loggers work. I wouldn’t get too hung up on a “missing” RST for a single
contact. I can make the code more stringent, but you getting one extra
QSO is a small price to pay for the avalanche of other ones that wouldn’t
be counted as a result.
I'm totally onboard with being lenient with what is accepted, however your
"no good way" comment makes me wonder... how is the official score
determined? I hope it is automatic and not manual. If it is automatic,
couldn't the same logic be used in the uploader?

Regardless, thanks for working on this. I thought I'd point it out in case
it was an actual bug.

Jeff.