Re: Contest scorer

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek

On Sat, Jan 02, 2021 at 19:07:45 -0600, David, K9DWR wrote:
* JEFF WALSH <jeffwalsh1644@att.net> [2021-01-03 00:41]:
I just uploaded my PSKFEST log and instantly got my score back.
Very impressive !!!
Many THANKS to volunteer/volunteers who made this possible !!!!
Glad you like it, Jeff. We are slowly piecing things together to have it be
more interactive again. I'm hoping that will allow people to see issues and
re-upload if they need to instead of having to wait for 10 days to start to get
results. I'll eventually get to the point where there's an aggregate page
similar to what we used to have, but this is definitely a "one step at a time"
kind of thing. It took a year to get to the point where I had re-written
scorer logic for all the contests (2020 was me writing them on the fly during
each contest). Now that I have code for all of them, I'm able to integrate it
into the upload process.

Slow and steady, something something...
Very nice!

I managed to upload my ADIF file but for one of the entries I don't have a
received RST (I didn't get one but forgot to prune the QSO from my ADIF file
prior to upload). I'm pretty sure that's an invalid QSO, but the uploader
seems happy with it - the score it calculated seems to indicate that it
considered it a valid QSO (1 point) and a valid multiplier (my only contact
today with Belgium). Just FYI.

A different Jeff.