Re: Antenna Farm

Jerry N9AVY

Antennas are FUBAR  - condensed version.

Jerry  n9avy

On Saturday, January 2, 2021, 10:30:21 AM CST, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Jerry...contest going on...
condensed version pls?
n6mg

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jan 2, 2021 8:18 am
Subject: [070Club] Antenna Farm

Ventured outside to take a lookiesee at antenna farm - sad .   The tribander & WARC dipoles have a decidedly unhealthy droop from last night's ice storm.   The 80/40m sloper has its coil  full of ice and the 80m portion over the roof is encased in ice & snow.  Used to have about 6 inches clearance above roof but 8-10 inches of snowfall this week messed that up.

No way am I going up on the roof to fix it. This hobby is not worth risking my life; same goes for tower.  After fixing the "droop" in sloper a couple weeks ago, it's back to having coil hanging about 5-6 feet off the lawn which is good for chopping off heads while mowing lawn.

Just got in from cleaning off ice all over van - yuck !   I'm starting to not like Winter.  Granddaughter wants me to move to Phoenix and live with her - bah on that idea !  Actually, I think house is in Gilberts.  AZ is not my cup of tea.

Spring is just around the corner, right ?   What about global warming ???   It should be warmer.

<rant off>