Antenna Farm

Jerry N9AVY

Ventured outside to take a lookiesee at antenna farm - sad .   The tribander & WARC dipoles have a decidedly unhealthy droop from last night's ice storm.   The 80/40m sloper has its coil  full of ice and the 80m portion over the roof is encased in ice & snow.  Used to have about 6 inches clearance above roof but 8-10 inches of snowfall this week messed that up.

No way am I going up on the roof to fix it. This hobby is not worth risking my life; same goes for tower.  After fixing the "droop" in sloper a couple weeks ago, it's back to having coil hanging about 5-6 feet off the lawn which is good for chopping off heads while mowing lawn.

Just got in from cleaning off ice all over van - yuck !   I'm starting to not like Winter.  Granddaughter wants me to move to Phoenix and live with her - bah on that idea !  Actually, I think house is in Gilberts.  AZ is not my cup of tea.

Spring is just around the corner, right ?   What about global warming ???   It should be warmer.

<rant off>