Re: Christmas Day Contacts

Ken N6PCD

I gotta say, I’m noticing a definite advantage in hearing and working stations now that we’ve moved to SW Missouri. I used to get on the air several times a week when we lived in SoCal and couldn’t beg, borrow, or steal a PSK contact, even with much CQing. Admittedly the solar cycle had bottomed out, but it wasn’t a good place to try to operate PSK31 from at the time.

That’s a great part of all the reason I got involved in the FT modes. Their ability to pull signals out from way down in the mud kept me operating, especially as I lived in a townhouse with CC&R’s to deal with.

Glad to be back operating PSK again!
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD/0