Re: Serious question

Jerry N9AVY

Milt:

Understand what you're saying and I agree.  Have had 2 stations in FL call me at same time and one knocked the other out. Very familiar with one-way propagation and the "magic" circle where someone can be not heard at certain distances. On 10 meters years ago I was surprised pleasantly when traveled to MN (about 350 miles) and heard stations I could never hear before ! That was 10 meters, but it may be different on other bands. Propagation is sometimes weird.

Someone stated a while ago that everyone should stay in middle of (PSK) band and I think that may have caused problems with many stations being crowded into a small portion. When I call "CQ" I always seem to have better luck when I go up to 14.072 or higher... sometimes even down below 14.070. Made a lot of Q's that way.

Many thanks for Dec. 25 QSO !!!

73,   Jerry

On Monday, December 28, 2020, 03:35:01 PM CST, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Jerry, that's too easy to answer.
They simply don't spread out because they don't see each other.
How many times do you only copy 1/2 of a qso?
How many times do you call cq, only to have a station on that frequency, or very close start xmitting because they were already in a qso that you had no copy on?
It's a very narrow band width signal, and if they're not interfering with each other, does it matter?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76