Re: RESULTS – DOUBLEHEADER LOW BAND SPRINT – 2020

Leland Sly

Congrats John, KC3FL...well done!

73

Lee N5SLY

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 2:12 PM stan W9SMR <robinstan@...> wrote:

RESULTS – DOUBLEHEADER LOW BAND SPRINT – 2020

The excitement was high for this race because the winner of the Annual RC3 rested on who would win this contest. Neck and neck were leader John, KC3FL, and Lee, N5SLY, separated by only 5.91 points out of 900+ points. Not to spoil the surprise, but it looks to me like John will be our new RC3 2020 Award winner.

This year there were 49 logs submitted – up from last year’s 45 logs. There were 16 High Power, 16 Medium Power, 13 Low Power and four QRP logs submitted. There were a total of 1917 logged QSO’s; 1257 on 40M, 612 on 80M and 48 on 160M.

Top Dawg and 1st in High Power was John, KC3FL of Inverness, FL, with a record breaking 110 QSOs (7 on 160M) and 5476 points. Another stellar showing from John who seemed to be all over the bands.

High Power - Second Place was major player Lee, N5SLY, of Sherman, TX with 4340 points. Did the lack of a 160M antenna at Lee’s QTH make the difference? Third place was new member Darin, KO4EJD with 4320 points. Darin finished in 2nd place, High Power in the Triple Play.

Medium Power – First place was Stan, W9SMR of Sarasota, FL, with 2990 points. It’s amazing what one can do with a jury-rigged Inv-L strung through the neighbors’ palm trees.

Medium Power – Second place was new member Terry, KZ4KX of Austin, KY with 2737 points. Terry made a grand appearance in his first 070 contest as a member. Third Place went to Fred, KK4HEG, of Lusby, MD, with 2575 points.

Low Power – First place was Steve, W3HF, Collegeville, PA with 4140 points. Steve really kicked up a storm, nearly beating the High Power boys.

Low Power - Second Place went to new member Jeff, AC1JR with 1836 points. Jeff finished 1st Low Power in the Triple Play. Third Place went to Don, KM4UDX of Vienna, VA with 1680 points.

QRP Power First Place went to WS8G of Beavercreek, OH with 63 QSOs and 2184 points. That’s a great achievement on these low bands these days.

QRP Power – Second Place went to Rick, N7WE of Leesburg, FL with 41 QSO’s and 1173 points. Third Place went to Steve, VA3FLF of Fort Erie, ON with 26 QSOs and 392 points.

The new “All Amateurs Welcome” policy continues to enhance our overall experience. We had 2 non-members submit logs. We hope to see applications from AA8SW and NN9C soon!

Note that the Top Dawg Certificate and Rollo Dog Tag will be reserved exclusively for members.

Thanks to all who submitted logs. Stickers will be in the next mailing.  Complete results as manually calculated by David, K9DWR, will be uploaded to the Groups.io site under FILES/CONTEST RESULTS.

It is time to start thinking about your participation in the next PODXS 070 Event.

The Ø7Ø Club PSKfest is less than 1 week away -

  0000Z Saturday 2 January 2021 to 2359Z Saturday 2 January 2021

This is a 1 day event – Friday evening and Saturday in US.

Open to all licensed radio amateurs. Using 80M thru 10M (No WARC Bands)

For Rules and detailsClick Here: PSKFest Rules

73,

Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director