Re: Serious question

Like I said, the software has a hard time displaying the correct IMD because close by signals can mess it up and the only way the software can get an accurate reading is with an idle signal.  So it is only useful if the software catches the signal at some point where there are no characters being sent and the signal is in the clear, that's why I depend on my KK7UQ IMD meter.  If I see that the computer got it wrong, I'll send it again when I see that it is correct.  I pay more attention to the S/N and adjust my power accordingly, I already know my IMD.  Guess it's just a personal choice.

John
KC3FL