The nice thing about the SignaLink USB is that you can just buy a cable and internal jumper plug to match your radio, put the plug in the socket inside, connect the cable that runs to your radio, connect a USB cable, and you’re in business.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Dec 27, 2020, at 3:50 PM, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...> wrote:

I don't need CAT. I had previously said that rig control wasn't a goal (at least not now).

From what I read in the manual on pages 6 and 7

it has an internal PTT that's VOX-like (in my words). It detects the audio coming from the computer and triggers the PTT line to the radio.

From: David, K9DWR <david@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Dec 27, 2020 11:29 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Signalink USB

> On Dec 27, 2020, at 12:28, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Lauri -
>
> Understood. The simplification comes from the fact that right now I have three cables from the computer to the interface: Tx audio, Rx audio, and PTT (which is a USB-to-RS232 adapter connected to the RS232 input on the adapter). Consolidating that mess into a single USB is one of the goals.

Actually, the SignaLink likely will not meet that goal. It will be one USB for the audio to the SignaLink, but CAT control is not something the SignaLink does.  You would still need a second cable for CAT control.

https://tigertronics.com/slusbfaq.htm#Can%20I%20use%20the%20SignaLink%20USB%20to%20control%20my%20radio,%20or%20will%20I%20need%20a%20separate%20CAT%20interface?

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...