Re: Serious question

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I find the S/N number more useful than ‘599’, as pretty much everyone sends 599 for signal reports unless something really unusual is happening.

I try to override the default 599 and send actual signal reports but I confess I often fail to do so.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Dec 27, 2020, at 11:10 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

I see stations giving out S/N  and IMD reports.  Tend to ignore them, but have always wondered if they really have any value or are just filler.

If a station can make contact with me that's usually good enough for me.  If someone gets a 599 report from me, it's because the 599 is given to everyone and I seldom deviate from that. (No one gets offended that way, ha-ha !)

Jerry   n9avy