Re: Signalink USB

Jerry N9AVY

I'll second Dick's comment on "if I could hear it, I could work it".  Sensitivity has never been a problem. However, one does need a decent receiver and antenna system.

Jerry  n9avy

On Sunday, December 27, 2020, 10:10:02 AM CST, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

I also used a Signallink USB for many years with my IC7000 and FT817.  Most of the concerns I have seen is that it is not a sensitive as some believe it should be, like maybe on 1.0 db instead of 1.2 db.  Always could copy anything I could hear.  Used it for all digital modes.  The only reason I got rid of it, was when mobile it was one more box to find a place for.  When I got my IC7100 no longer need it. After I sold it I did have some second thoughts that I should have kept for a backup.  I had a problem with setting up on my FT817 and called tech support and they were great in helping me out.  The kind of support that it would be nice if every vendor had.

My 2 cents

Dick - KC3EF