Re: Signalink USB

Jerry N9AVY

Steve:

Seems like many ops are Signalink USB these days. Judging from comments received (brag lists) over the air. Signalink has sold thousands (millions?) of units. I switch from West Mountain interface a few years ago and opted for the Signalink.

Since it has built-in sound card, you are freeing up computer from extra work and as we all should know, "not all sound cards are alike".

Jerry  n9avy

On Saturday, December 26, 2020, 12:31:33 PM CST, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...> wrote:

I made a comment in my "goals" for 2021 that I was looking to upgrade my computer-radio interface for portable operations. Intent is to simplify the setup by reducing the cabling, and retire a 20-year-old Rascal and its associated USB-serial converter. Radios to be addressed are both Yaesus (817 and 857)--not looking for a new radio. At the moment, I'm only interested in basic digital modes, e.g. I don't need a quadrature output on the stereo pins. I'm also interested in portability, so desktop-type solutions (e.g., large boxes) would not be preferred.

One of the options I was considering was the Signalink USB. Does anyone have any comments on this? I've seen some reviews that are critical, but I'm not sure their concerns are relevant.

How about anything else? What have I missed?

Thanks.