Re: Murphy Strikes Again !

Jerry N9AVY

Tree Rats !  Ugh !    Also road obstacles which mostly end up as road pizza.   Emoji

Jerry

On Thursday, December 24, 2020, 03:15:58 PM CST, William Wagaman <n3gty@...> wrote:

Hello Bill here N3GTY .... Here is good one... Similar problem with mine a while back it was resolved when I figured out that a squirrel chewed my CAT Cable that I was using for control wiring. Those things are like rats with furry tails. 73 for now Bill

On 12/24/2020 1:32 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Everything was working normal yesterday and then today all 3 antennas have SWR so high the autotuner on FT-1000MP shuts down .  Only weather change was a dusting of snow this morning and a temp. around 17 F.  Rotor turns sluggishly, but it does turn.  Went out and visually checked antennas, but didn't see anything. Hmmm ....   Hope it's just the cold weather.

Only one coax runs out to an Ameritron 5 position switch at base of tower and coax switch selects proper antennas.  Only thing I can remember happening was a few years ago one of the relay armatures became disconnected when a spring broke.  Usually get out there once a year to burnish relay contacts.

I'm perplexed ...

Merry Christmas to All !

Bill Wagaman N3GTY
155 Woodbridge Drive