Re: Christmas Run 2020 - "Operating Event"

JEFF WALSH

Jim
Thanks for the clarification.
I was unaware that this year’s Christmas Run was changed.
Sorry for the confusion on my part.
As always thanks to all the volunteers who keep the club going.
Jeff
W3WMU

On Dec 24, 2020, at 7:46 PM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Jeff, this is not the normal Christmas Run, as we placed that one on hold last year due to scorer issues.

Steve made a pitch for a "special" Christmas run to bring some fun into the end of this horrible year.  As such, we are using his rules and specifications for log submissions because he is hand scoring. If we get a scorer working by next year, the old Christmas run will be reactivated.

On Dec 24, 2020 5:33 PM, JEFF WALSH <jeffwalsh1644@...> wrote:
Milt
I can only answer that when I suggested the endorsement that you had to work 25 different stations.
It is possible that the guidelines may have been changed by club management.
I will defer to club management for their opinion on the matter.
I am good on whatever decision is made.
Hope that Jim is reading this and will  clarify this for the members.
Jeff
W3WMU

On Dec 24, 2020, at 4:48 PM, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Jeff,
I'm not arguing the subject, but it appears that the original rules have changed.
As you're explaining it, if I work you on a band, you count as 1 of the 25 needed for a certificate.
But if I work you on a different band, it's counted already, and doesn't count towards the 25 needed?
This is not what the email from Stan, W9SMR says.
Let me quote:
- Make one QSO per station per band. That means the same station on another band is a second QSO, but a second QSO on the same band is a dupe.
I'm going to "work 1st, worry later".
Milt.
N6MG