In some of the past years, we've offered the Christmas Run endorsement/sticker for making 25 QSOs on Christmas Day (UTC). This Endorsement has not been offered for several years. So this year because of COVID-19 and possibly fewer family gatherings, it seemed appropriate to Steve, W3HF to again offer this challenge to Members only.
Non-Members: While this is a 070 members only award, if you have 50 or more total PSK-31 QSO’s in your log, and 25 on Christmas day, simply apply for membership by 2359 December 25, Submit your December Run log and the award can be yours, too!
- Make 25 PSK31 QSOs on 25 December 2020 (0000z to 2359z) on any HF band (160m through 6m) to claim the "2020 Christmas Run" version.
- Make one QSO per station per band. That means the same station on another band is a second QSO, but a second QSO on the same band is a dupe.
- No required exchange, though perhaps Christmas greetings would be appropriate.
Since we are having so many issues with our Endorsement Checker software, Steve has offered to manually check your submitted log and issue the award.
- To enable manual review, please
- Extract only PSK31 QSOs from 25 December 2020
- Extract only the date/time/callsign/frequency/mode fields
- Export to a text file (.txt or .prn) or a .csv. (Definitely not an ADIF)
- Submissions that don't follow these instructions may be rejected
Save your log file to a convenient folder and include your CALL in the file name.
- To help others, we encourage members to share (on the email reflector) the steps for how to accomplish a log extract like this for various logging programs. The steps I followed for this in fldigi are below.
Wishing you good luck and a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
W9SMR - 070 #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director
File Export process in fldigi:
Click CSV (or TXT)
Set START DATE and STOP DATE to 12/25/20
Check SELECT BY DATE
Under SELECT FIELDS TO EXPORT,
Check: DATE, TIME ON, CALL, BAND, MODE
Save including your call in file name
Email to W3HF@...
Result of this process for W9SMR as CSV: