Re: New Radio

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Set the radio up the way you like it for PSK, and save the settings to an SD card.  Set the radio up for voice, and again save the settings to an SD card.

Now you can load either setup in its entirety from the SD card whenever you like.  Switching back and forth ought to be a snap.

At least that’s the theory.  I haven’t actually tried it.  But it’s on my list of things to try.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Dec 18, 2020, at 12:15 PM, Geary McDowell <ke5irk@...> wrote:

Bummer!  That is a great radio.  I got mine about five months ago and am still learning it.  I watched about four hours of videos today from smoked ham radio or something like that trying to figure out how to go between digital and voice without having to reset everything.  But since 99% of what I do is PSK, once I get it to PSK again it’s staying there !  Hi hi I think you will love that radio Jerry when you get one that works.
Look forward to our 7300s chatting soon!
73, Geary KE5IRK

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 10:19 AM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Murphy struck !

Read the manual before powering up and looked at a couple videos as well.  So connected power from RS-35M and antenna.   Nada . Checked power to radio and it was all the way from power supply to connector on IC7300.  Called store today and they're sending a call tag so I can ship it bad.

Guess it was DOA from store.  We'll see what happens from here....