Re: Antennas for 160m

Jerry N9AVY

My boss was a naval aviator.. he was the guy who jumped out of the plane to helped downed aviators in the drink.

Jerry

On Friday, December 4, 2020, 05:13:01 PM CST, Scotty W7PSK <w7psk@...> wrote:

Milt what did you fly as a Nasal Aviator :).

I have near 7000 hrs as a Naval Air Crewman.  Started on EC-121Ms then EA-3Bs.  On to EP-3Es as an Airborne Electronic Warfare Operator.  UC-12B (Beech King Air 200) as loadmaster/Crewchief and then P-3C Flight Engineer.

On the related subject, I "HAD" a G5RV that had in a 50Ft Hemlock in the front yard.  About 40ft down the tree, the rest went to the back yard to a 10ft post in the back corner.  I say Had because the tree was a double trunk we had to have removed because a crack developed in it.  So now Im sans anything for 40 and below.

Scotty W7PSK

On 12/3/2020 19:22, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io wrote:
Well, Jerry, I can hardly understand that Dr's order...I mean from someone that built a bookcase/console for his radio and it collapsed, what could possibly go wrong?
On a serious note, I have to own up to falling off an extension ladder a few years ago. I had the ladder extended up to about 10' agl. I was at the top, leaning waaay out to the left, working on a tangled up American flag. Well, so much for the all-important "weights & balances" that I studied as a Naval Aviator.
The ladder flipped around dumping me in the rose bed below.
What I remember was things going to slow motion on my way down...I remember thinking,
"This is gonna hurt!"..."This is gonna hurt!"...
I landed on a coiled up 100' heavy duty hose. No pain! But, I bounced a few feet up in the air and landed on the brick knee wall around the roses and wound up with a broken rib and a bruised shoulder.
Land of the free, home of the brave? That American flag now fends for itself!
Anybody else have ladder stories?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650