From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of John - KC3FL via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 10:12 AM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] RESULTS - TRIPLE PLAY LOW BAND SPRINT - 2020

Lee,
I think you're right that it will depend on multipliers.  I got lucky the last night when Venezuela, Panama, Puerto Rico and of all things England popped up.  I had such a poor showing in the 160 mtr sprint so I built an 80 mtr EFHW and used that as a Marconi on 160.  I also built a shortened end fed 40, 80 and 160 mtr antenna that is only about 85 ft long.  If you want to try 160 I can send you the article on the shortened end fed.  You do have an advantage being in the middle of the country and get contacts to the east and west however if I do make contacts to the east, they're multipliers.

John
KC3FL