Re: Antennas for 160m

My beverage is short at only 150 ft and it works great on 160 and 80.  I've even used it on 40 and 30 mtrs.  I used something like a 470 ohm terminating resistor but I got tired of changing out the burnt out terminating resistor caused by static discharge so I went to the 5 watt metal oxide ones and the present one has been in use for a year.  Guaranteed to bring out weak 160 mtr signals out of the noise.  I can only imagine how a 3 or 4 hundred ft. long beverage would work.  The 1000MP makes it very easy.

John
KC3FL