Re: Rigs

Eric KG6MZS

Hi Jerry,

I have definitely partaken in the Elecraft Koolaid® here.  Love my K3/100 for digital and phone.  Saving for a KX2 now for SOTA excursions.  I think Eric and Wayne are really on to something up there in Aptos.

Too bad about the FT-1000MP.  Venerable rig.

Another country heard from,

73

Eric

KG6MZS

On 11/20/20 11:13 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Been considering a new (or new to me) rig since the FT-1000MP bit the dust after a bunch of years; although it was repaired and seems to be working okay there is a little doubt in the back of my mind that it could go belly up at any time. That being said, am wondering what others are using these days.

Sold off one of my spare rigs (Alinco DX-SR8T) which had never been out of box nor on the air. A friend and I each bought one a few years ago, but he had all sorts of problems getting it to do PSK and wasn't successful. Also, have another rig on the block (TS-850SAT), but I sold off the IF-232C interface which allows it to operate digital modes, etc. . Trying to thin out my accumulation of radios acquired over the years.

So, wondering what rigs everyone is using. Would like to take a poll, but I don't think it's possible here.

Thanks.