Re: PODXS Club At The Beginning

Stephen Melachrinos

I think we actually did one that ended up with millions of points, and I remember the comment about Mark (SK). I know there were lots of others that were rejected.

The 070 club never lacked for imagination.

From: N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Nov 17, 2020 12:15 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] PODXS Club At The Beginning

The good old days...
I remember one particular award that Charlie, K8IJ and I came up with. similar to WTW, but many times bigger. I asked a few members what they thought, and one particular fellow in TX, replied to me, "Good Lord...."
It never got off the ground.
Another time, the scoring was to be: # of QSO's, per band X ur S-P-C total, per band X the sum of the 070 Member #'s that you worked. Funny, Jay asked me "what was I thinking"? I replied that it would be the only way that Mark, N8MNI, could get 1M points in a single event. Steve, didn't you assist with the fine print on that one also??
Anyway, it was declined too.
All we really needed was more 24 or 48 hour open weekends.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76