From: Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 21:58 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Triple Play Low Band Sprint Chat Room

Bob -

In our "General Contest Rules" page (http://www.podxs070.com/o7o-club-sponsored-contests/general-contest-rules), we state:

16. Unlike most “big” contests, self-spotting is allowed on 070 reflectors. There is no separate category for “assisted” stations who pay attention to spotting networks or read their email during the contest.

A chat room (on the groups.io platform) is fundamentally the same concept as the email reflector. The point of that rule was that other contests prohibit all non-radio sources of information during a contest, whether it's phone calls, DX spots, or whatever. We deliberately allow members to post to the reflector when they are doing band changes and the like--we even set up a special reflector just for that. So if someone would rather use a chat room, it's effectively the same.

So go ahead and set up a chat room if you'd prefer that forum.

(for the 070 management team)