Re: IOTA invalid entry on QRZ.com #iota

Barry VA7GEM

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:12 PM, Loren McCullough - WA3WZR wrote:
Just a reminder that IOTA data in QRZ is not always correct, which is why we don't use it to verify the endorsement. Since I have been doing the IOTA endorsement for the club, I have seen some bad entries in QRZ, and that is because the person entering it has no idea what IOTA means and just picks what they think  makes sense, and I get that.  You see an entry for your state and you pick it.

Two of the best examples of an invalid entry are 2 callsigns I ran across from Florida (USA):  I won't call them out here, but they list their IOTA as OC-158  (Florida Islands in the Pacific).

I don't know which logging program picks up the IOTA data from QRZ, but if there is a way to turn that specific field off (doubt it), please do.

Your friendly IOTA endorsement admin,
Loren WA3WZR
Loren
There are a ton of bad entries in QRZ.
HRD gathers them in. I keep an eye on
my log and double check every IOTA entry.
cheers de Barry