Re: PSK Setup - Was PSK Assist

Rick - N7WE

More good info Steve!  I didn't know about the FT817.  Absolutely no substitute for on-air confirmation of your setup.  I've asked people to do a screen capture of what my trace looks like and email it to me.  The other thing I do is run an "IMD Meter by kk7uq" anytime I'm operating  PSK 31 or 63.  Unfortunately they are out of production now, but some come up on QRZ or eHam classifieds from time to time.  Not only do they give you a numerical readout of your signal's IMD, but they also take it off the air; not off your coax.  And they have an audible alarm and flashing light if something goes wonky and the IMD goes more than -20!  I've had mine alarm a few times and otherwise I wouldn't have known something was amiss.