Re: MixW Version 3

Phil Van Huis

Bob,

Thank you so much for your suggestions about my MixW3 problem.  I was reminded by you that several years ago I transferred my old MixW2 program from my even older Windows XP laptop via a USB flash drive and it worked great then.  So, I took my newer laptop, downloaded the program and did it again.  Worked again.  So now I’m in business with my new MixW3 program.

Thanks again for your help.

Phil,  K8PVH

From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of K4VBM
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 10:13 AM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] MixW Version 3

Hi Phil,

You don't give the Windows error message, so we don't know what Windows component is stopping the download from saving to your disk.  You will need to disable whatever virus scanner you have turned on as it seems to not like MixW, and is preventing it from being saved.  Alternatively, use some  other computer you have access to for downloading MixW, and then move it using a USB flash drive.

Bob
K4VBM

On 8/6/2020 9:52 AM, Phil Van Huis wrote:

Are there any MixW users out there ?

I have been using MixW V. 2.18 since 2007.  It has always worked fine for me and still does.  But recently I decided that I should upgrade to Version 3 and see how it works.

The problem I have is that I cannot get it downloaded.  The MixW Team has informed me that I am now registered for version 3 but I cannot get it downloaded.  Windows keeps blocking it.

Am I doing something wrong or what ?  Any suggestions out there.  I will appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Phil, K8PVH, #2750

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.