Re: Solar Cycle 25

Jerry N9AVY

It's always nice to read positive predictions about solar cycle, but it's like buying a lottery ticket , it's nice to dream until the ticket loses.

Jerry

On Sunday, July 26, 2020, 11:38:06 AM CDT, K7DWI Art <k7dwicn82@...> wrote:

It still is wishful thinking.
As far as I am concerned if you look at the community messages, if you look down the list to the chart of the Solar Polar Fields:
http://www.solen.info/solar/polarfields/polar.html
It shows what happened and what to expect.
In 2011, Jim Kennedy K6MIO explained that the Sun's Magnetic Poles were out of sync and there was less magnitude between them. Right one prediction!! The end result was an anemic Solar Cycle.
It has improved approaching the new Cycle, but only a slight improvement.
It will be better in a few years, but I won't be building a big 6 Meter station and probably won't see F2 there in my remaining life .... damn it.
73 Art K7DWI