As a new member, and want to thank everyone for their warm
welcome to the club. I was on 40 meters this evening, and several
members contacted me to extend their welcome. It was very kind,
Before writing this message, I reviewed the group message history
to see if there was an issue similar to mine, but couldn't find
anything. Maybe someone has some ideas?
- 9 times out of 10, the PSK-31 transmission works perfectly.
However, 1 out of 10 times, I hear the Signalink click, the red
light comes on, but there is no power out on the power meter.
Sometimes, it's 30 seconds into the transmission before noticing
that no RF is getting out. When it happens, the transmission
needs to be stopped, and restarted.
Here is my setup:
- Kenwood TS-570 D/G
- Signalink USB
- Debian 10.4 (stable branch)
- Flrig 1.3.42 (old, but it is the version that comes with the
- Fldigi 4.1.01 (old, but it is the version that comes with the
- I hadn't used PSK for a couple of years, and set everything up
again, about a month ago.
- Since going off the air, I have switched computers. I was
running Debian 8 or 9 stable, and the stable version of Fldigi
and Flrig. I don't recall ever having this issue before.
- Spent quite a bit of time over the past couple of days,
tweaking the settings, and the following seems to work best.
However, no combination of settings were found that would
address the issue.
- Current settings:
- Kenwood TS-570D/G
- menu 33 - Input level for digital set to 1
- menu 34 - Output level for digital set to 3
- Signalink USB
- Jumper module SLMOD13K set to position 1
- Internal jumpers JP2, JP3 and JP4 not connected
- TX @ 10 o'clock
- RX @ 3 o'clock
- DLY @ 12 o'clock
- Pulse Audio (pavucontrol)
- Output devices PCM2904 Audio Codec Analog Stereo set at
- Input devices PCM2904 Audio Codec Analog Stereo set at
- These settings work well, produce about 20 watts out on my
Kenwood, and I receive good reports. Just doesn't work 10% of
If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very grateful.
Stay cool, and stay safe!