Re: N1ZZZ Redeye Ragchew

Bill Williams

QRZ has a grid map for all the entries, assuming the address is correct the grid will be correct.  Under the "Detail" index click the "Explore on HamGrid Maps" line under the map.  If you click on the map it will bring up a grip anywhere you click.  Good for finding the grid at your APE location.

73,
Bill
AG4QX
0398

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 1:20 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
That will work for most stations , but there are a few who have no idea of what their grid is when they're operating and some have no idea what a grid is.

A few years ago a worked a station in Grackle ND and he had no idea what his grid was. Used the QTH part of QRZ to look up the town and checking the very few stations in and around town (all 3 were former residents and club members here in Illinois), I found out the grid .
Sometimes you have to use all the resources.

Jerry n9avy
On Thursday, July 16, 2020, 11:16:52 AM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Eric,

It's funny how PODXS changes your operating priorities.  I never paid attention to grids before, but now if a station is portable or mobile my first question is " What is your grid?"  Can't always trust the one QRZ shows.