Re: N1ZZZ Redeye Ragchew

Jerry N9AVY

That will work for most stations , but there are a few who have no idea of what their grid is when they're operating and some have no idea what a grid is.

A few years ago a worked a station in Grackle ND and he had no idea what his grid was. Used the QTH part of QRZ to look up the town and checking the very few stations in and around town (all 3 were former residents and club members here in Illinois), I found out the grid .
Sometimes you have to use all the resources.

Jerry n9avy

On Thursday, July 16, 2020, 11:16:52 AM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

Eric,

It's funny how PODXS changes your operating priorities.  I never paid attention to grids before, but now if a station is portable or mobile my first question is " What is your grid?"  Can't always trust the one QRZ shows.