Re: [Fw:] Cycle 25 Optimism

Jerry N9AVY

Wow !

Jerry

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 12:23:39 PM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

Jerry,

Stupid me, I had it in a frame, she got the dog too.  Had a cheap lawyer.  hi hi

I had just finished running phone patches for McMurdo AFB, Antartic, abt  3 AM local time when he called me, thought it was a pirate station because of no suffix  which he later said he was number one so he didn't need one.  Told him I was a Radio Shack mngr at the time and he told me he had one of everything they sold which I didn't believe until he told me what he did for a living.  Made the mistake of calling him Your Majesty and got the lecture that there are no titles or royalties in amateur radio, just first names and mine's Hussein.  It was a friendly chewing out.