Re: [Fw:] Cycle 25 Optimism

Jerry N9AVY

John:

Bummer on divorce ! Same here but didn't lose any QSLs. If i thought they were in danger would have put them in bank safety deposit box. Ex moved out and filed for divorce. Was a bit lost without her, but then bank account increased over time and I survived.

Bummer on losing JY1 (King of Jordan) who died several years ago. Never worked him but did get Capt. of Palace Guard. One JY is almost as good as another... almost.

Conditions aren't as good as they were back in 70s and earlier, but there's hope for the future.

Jerry n9avy

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 11:36:25 AM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

I started in 76 and was active for 5 or 6 yrs., family and job got in the way.  I just thought that was the way it was, convert a CB to ten and work the world on 12 watts mobile.  Imagine my surprise when I took the hobby back up in 09.  Lost some of my cards in a divorce also, my prize possession, my JY1 card.

John
KC3FL