Re: 13 Colonies

F.R. Ashley

Don,

I just went to the usual PSK frequencies and called CQ but very few responses. Making less than 10 per hour, if that many, isn't worth the effort when you are trying to give as many as possible a contact.  Even on 80 SSB tonight, I spent 30 minutes to get 4 QSO's.. I switched to FT8 and ran 47 stations in a row.  I gave RTTY a try on 20m and worked about 15 fairly quickly, and then nothing....

Drop me a note and we can make a sked for PSK if you wish..

73 Buddy WB4M

(K2J) for 1 more day :)

On 7/6/2020 10:10 PM, Don - KM4UDX wrote:
Buddy, I watched summit Dx and DX Heat, etc. And never saw any PSK spots for the 13 Colonies.  I wondered if you just had to stay in a PSK watering hole and see if any of the Fab 13 made an appearance.  It just seems wicked inefficient -- so I didn't do that.

I should have checked here.

Otherwise, I spent hours saying my call in the massive "pick me" pileups, and endless FT8 calls, all with my measly 10-15 watts of Indian QRP horsepower.  As a low power operator, I clearly have to learn some new tricks to complete my homework.

I really would have liked to get a 13er on PSK. Maybe next year!

And thank you for being an operator.  Very kind of you!!

--
Don, km4udx, uBITX, and other obscure acronyms go here...