Re: 13 Colonies

Leland Sly

I actually contacted K2L using PSK31 during the Firecracker Sprint contest on 40 meters on Saturday.  So there were a few stations that used it, but not many...which is too bad.  But PSK is slow compared to SSB or FT8 and when you want to contact as many as possible in the time given you go with what is the fastest.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 9:10 PM Don - KM4UDX <dontAy155@...> wrote:
Buddy, I watched summit Dx and DX Heat, etc. And never saw any PSK spots for the 13 Colonies.  I wondered if you just had to stay in a PSK watering hole and see if any of the Fab 13 made an appearance.  It just seems wicked inefficient -- so I didn't do that.

I should have checked here.

Otherwise, I spent hours saying my call in the massive "pick me" pileups, and endless FT8 calls, all with my measly 10-15 watts of Indian QRP horsepower.  As a low power operator, I clearly have to learn some new tricks to complete my homework.

I really would have liked to get a 13er on PSK. Maybe next year!

And thank you for being an operator.  Very kind of you!!

--
Don, km4udx, uBITX, and other obscure acronyms go here...