Re: 2020 40M Firecracker

Rick - N7WE

I had fun.  All I have for an antenna is a vertical (HOA rules!). So noise is always a problem for me on our lower band contests.  No room for a beverage on my lot, so this year I built a KK5JY "LoG -Loop on the Ground" receive antenna and it made a BIG difference.  I copied Barry - VA7GEM in North Van, BC; Jerry - K7VIC in Columbia Falls, MT; and, Elizabeth - KJ7MEB in Salt Lake City.  But none of them could hear my 5W signal. But Bob - KK6KMU in Oceanside, CA and I did complete a QSO.  He must have some super ears antenna as QRZ says it is 2112.1 miles - and prop was poor this year to say the least.  All in all another fun 070 Club Contest!  I'll try the "LoG" again in the Jay Hudak.