Field Day Sticker Reminder

stan W9SMR

Awesome Field Day Opportunity – June 27/28 – Two 070 Stickers for the price of one!

With all the distraction of newer and fancier digital modes, it is important for our PSK-31 community to be seen on the waterfall. As a result of precautions due to COVID-19 the ARRL has created a unique opportunity to make ourselves seen and heard.

Firstly there is the existing 070 Club Field Day Participation Sticker

As an acknowledgement of your participation in the ARRL Field Day on June 27 / 28, 2020, our PODXS 070 Club offers a Field Day Participation Sticker.

Since our Awards Progress Checker has no means to check your log for Field Day participation, in order to receive your Endorsement Sticker it will be necessary for you to send an email directly to me (robinstan (at) Hotmail (dot) com) by Sunday, July 5.

Please use 2020 Field Day in the subject line.  Send me the email even if you have already uploaded your FD log and posted on the Reflector that you participated!

The body of your email needs only your Call and Member number.  Please DO NOT send or attach your log.  This is on the Honor System.  If you say you participated, you participated! - even if you were in a support role (setup/tear-down, KP duty, etc. and never actual got on air.)  I will forward the complete list to those that take care of such things and your sticker will be included in our next mailing!

Secondly, and new this year -  Field Day Club Upload Sticker

As an incentive to participate as a PODXS 070 Member and upload your log to ARRL, we will offer a unique Field Day Club Upload Sticker thanking you for doing that.

Let’s get our name out there!

The ARRL has adopted two temporary waivers to the Field Day Rules. These will create a unique opportunity for all PODXS 070 Club members to submit their logs as Club members and the ARRL will publish an aggregate score for the Club. The other waiver allows Class D (Home) stations to work all other stations, including other Class D stations. You do not need to be an ARRL member.

The temporary rule waiver for 2020 allows participants from any Class to optionally include a single club name with their submitted results following Field Day.

See an overview and full rules at: Temporary FD rule waivers

For 2020 Field Day Entry go to:
Field Day Entry

When you upload, It is critical that our Club name must be:   PODXS 070
That is, all caps, one space, numbers 070

So decide if you’ll operate from your comfortable Shack, set up on the patio or drive into the mountains, but DO IT! Then send me a notice that you participated and upload your log to ARRL

The Field Day Club Upload Sticker is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity. Grab it while you can.

You will be eligible for the FD Participation Sticker even if you do not upload to ARRL.

73,

Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director