Re: Grid-pedition to CN98

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Amusingly, the ham who taught the class I attended to study up for my Tech exam, Bengt-Erik Norum K7ADD, told me that once he was in Hawaii, operating portable from the beach, and he fired up his home station in Duvall, WA remotely using his cell phone, and logged a QSO with himself.

No matter how you figure it, combining his WA and HI logs, he got credit for both Hawaii and WA.

Even more amusing: I have not logged a QSO with CN98 on any mode, any band.  None.

Heading out in a bit.  Hope to see you all on the air!

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jun 22, 2020, at 11:14 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Or someone could cary and second rig to work themselves HI, Hi !!
On Monday, June 22, 2020, 12:44:51 PM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Yes Jerry, that is correct.  You can get credit for any grid you work from.  But there is a special "work-around" that you have to do with your log in order for the Progress Checker to credit you.  At the time the decision was made, there was no way to modify the Checker to do that.  Anyone who needs the procedure, please email me and I will send it to you.