Re: Grid-pedition to CN98

Paula K7PAX #1739

Paul, my apologies - I called you Stan - Arghh! Haven’t had my coffee yet 🥱

Paula

On Jun 21, 2020, at 9:46 AM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

The plan is set.  I will go up to CN98 tomorrow.  Folks who can’t work tomorrow, do not despair, I will make another trip later this summer.

I plan to be on site by 6/22 2030Z and QRV by 2100Z - a little time to allow for a certain amount of futzing around, as I have not been to the planned site.  If I can arrange things perfectly I might be able to get there earlier but for now that’s the plan.

If the site doesn’t work out plan B is to just drive around until I find a place to set up.

Current plan is to wrap things up around 6/23 0130Z.

I will start on 20m.  Other bands as conditions permit.  I should be in cell coverage and I’ll be looking at pskreporter, etc. to try to judge what seems promising.

Barry, when I at home, I am lucky if I can see your signals on 20m, I think they just go right over my head.  Up in Granite Falls the distance will not be much more favorable, so we may need to get adaptable and creative to make it happen.  That will be fun, I am looking forward to that challenge!

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jun 21, 2020, at 9:21 AM, 1470 via groups.io <boat.anchor@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 03:46 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) wrote:
Right now I’m thinking Monday 6/22 starting at 2200Z and going for 3 hours more or less, longer if condx are good.

If someone needs/wants CN98 and that timing doesn’t work for you, let me know.  If needed I can make multiple trips.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!
Paul
Are you still thinking or is this now set to happen.
TU
Barry