Power light on SignaLink illuminated?

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jun 18, 2020, at 6:25 PM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Signalink jumpered correctly for Kenwood?

Sticky pot on Signalink?

Jim K5SP

On 6/18/2020 5:23 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Got almost everything back up and running except the TS-570S doesn't want to transmit with Signalink for some reason. No sign of RF output. Drat !

Jerry n9avy
On Thursday, June 18, 2020, 03:51:45 PM CDT, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Lost my FT1000MP last week and shipped it of to a repair place in MO.  Was totally dead. Yaesu doesn't have parts for most older rigs and I found out they're mostly PC board swappers and don't go down to component level. Places like AVVID in TX and Burghardt in SD are out of business now as are many others - mostly a lot of retired guys who can no longer lift a solder iron.

Before hooking up another radio I decided to take a look at the 4 antennas I have and it turned out the culprit was the Butternut HF-6V in back yard.  Appears as open; so either 1)  I ran over coax with lawn tractor 2)  a capacitor shorted or 3) some critter nibbled on coax. The other 3 antennas are okay !  However I still need to check out tuner and a coax switch that are always in line... that'll be the next couple things and I'll be finished.

Last time this happened it was another problem with HF-6V.  Have a 43 ft. vertical as a spare in garage, but am hesitant to install it as I'll need a bigger pipe in ground and have to consider winds which send HF-6V  flopping around (it about 28 ft.) .

Seems like there's always something to repair.  Last big problem was the remote coax switch on tower which had a broken spring on relay armature.  Had years of experience with relays back in the day and it was simple chore to reform the teeny-tiny spring, stretch it out a bit and reinstall it.  Also burnish contacts about every year or so.

Sure enjoy doing repairs - NOT !  (Had over 40 years of doing that !)

Jim,  K5SP #483